MODEL-/ TOOL BUILDING
The basic conditions for making a construction part is the manufacturing of a negative form.
The opportunities are manifold.
- Direct milling from one aluminium or plastic block ("direct tooling").
- Direct forming of an existing model with Composite materials
- Milling of a model and consecutive forming with Composite materials
Forming with Composite materials can be done with tooling Prepreg in Autoclave or through hand laminate, vacuum pressure processes or vacuum infusion processes.
The selection of the correct tools depends on a number of parameters:
- Unit per series
- Requisites for construction parts (temperature, tolerance, etc.)
- Production process of the construction part
- Economic Efficiency
Our CNC department offers the following services besides model -and tool building:
- CNC part machining
- Production of fixtures and cutting templates
- Milling of carbon inserts
- 3D-milling of sandwich materials such as Rohacell®